Why writing? Why girls?
We are thrilled to introduce Brilliant Futures for Girls, our first ever impact report showcasing WriteGirl's impact on thousands of teen girls in Los Angeles over 15 years.
- Why we focus specifically on writing.
- Facts and figures: Why girls need WriteGirl.
- Budget breakdown showing what is needed and how the money is spent.
- Testimonials from girls and volunteers.
- WriteGirl Method explaining the 12 tenets of WriteGirl workshop design.
- Key supporters and partners.
- Where Are They Now: Alum highlights.
WriteGirl Alumna Janel Pineda
This impact report was the summer project of a WriteGirl intern hired with a grant from the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. Our intern, Janel Pineda (a former WriteGirl mentee, who is currently a junior at Dickinson College), conducted numerous interviews, wrote content, and worked closely with our graphic designer and WriteGirl staff to complete this report.